UNPUNISHABILITY
January 3rd, 2025
There’s a creator whose content I enjoy watching on TikTok. She talks a lot about the concept of unpunishable women, which has a cool ring to it (LOL).I think she has a good point, being born a woman is akin to having at minimum one strike against you - the number of strikes grows with every added disadvantage (in my case, being Black, having an immigrant background, not being formally educated, etc.)
These strikes determine how hard or easy your life is, and I’m finding mine has been quite difficult so far.
As I continue investigating my needs, I find that money is the key ingredient. Having a clean financial ledger. I’m quite consumed with paying down debt, strengthening my emergency fund, collecting skills and certifications, and so on. These seem like the only true pathway to stability, safety, and happiness. Right now, my life needs three things:
1. Money/resources
2. Nervous system regulation
3. Continued support of my body
My body is my vehicle, I am investing a lot into keeping it healthy, making it stronger and more capable. This I am learning to take a lot of pride in.
My nervous system is clearly fucked...we're working on it.
I am working on getting credentialed, also expanding my own emotional capacity for responsibility.
I just pray that 2026 breeds more - and not just more, but also better.
- vetiveroil
Comments
Post a Comment