PICK-ME

November 9th, 2025




Pick me.

Like I picked you.

In a room full of people, look for me first.

Memorize the tone and varying inflections of my voice,

Memorize every speckle in my eye,

Refuse to forget how the scent of vetiver sticks to my skin,

Think of me before you drift off to sleep,

Think of me while you work, 

Ask me about my feelings,

See me as a person, not just an object of desire,

Be curious about me, 

Prod at me, even when I am reluctant to respond,

Lean in, even when I lean away at first,

Initiate touch, even when you're unsure..

_

Am I asking too much of you?

Have eyes only for me,

Like I am unique and not just nice to look at,

Sit with me, even in the heaviness of my silence,

Don't flee when I ask you to be honest, 

Come into my home when I invite you,

It's just me in here, but make yourself at home,

Notice the effort I put into it,

Care about the things I ramble about,

Watch this documentary with me,

Look out of this massive window with me,

Don't pretend to care when I tell you random things,

Just listen..

Even though you're surrounded by people, hold your innermost thoughts for me.

Carve out a space in your life,

Tailor the entrance perfectly to my proportions, 

So that only I can get in.

Tell me the truth without omission.

Indulge me, when I babble about astrology.

Be kind to me,

Especially when I forget how to be kind to myself.

Walk into art exhibits with me,

Drink coffee with me,

Talk about Architecture with me,

Reflect on history with me,

Remember to treat me like a human being,

Even though I'm only used to feeling like an anomaly

Let me disrobe around you,

Without feeling strange

For once, just pick-me, too. 

- vetiveroil





Comments