CYCLES
October 28th, 2025
I've been on a downward spiral the past twenty four hours.
Only to find out that I have just entered my Luteal phase, which would honestly explain a lot.
Last night (rather, this morning) I woke up at like 2AM in a pool of anxiety, while half asleep, I think I was in the middle of a bad dream, but I can't remember. I do know, I accidentally tugged too hard and broke my beloved gold necklace from the side. I jumped up and turned on my lamp to check the damage and when I saw what I had done, I wanted to cry.
I tried my tapping technique to no avail.
I couldn't go back to sleep after that, my head was swarming with fear around a slew of ridiculous things:
Am I falling behind at work?
Do people notice - am I being judged for it?
Am I going to get fired for making mistakes?
What if I am simply not cut out for this? Despite my best efforts and how much I keep trying..
What's next after this course? Was it a lapse in foresight or is it actually taking me somewhere?
Am I gaining weight again? Is my binging habit returning?
Does this new guy that piqued my interest now like my friend? Is this a pattern forming?
Will I reach that milestone I set for myself by 25 - will I fall short by my own hand?
Has life peaked? Is this the best I'm ever going to get? Will I die wishing for the high to come (but it never does)?
Am I as shallow and frivolous as I like to portray? Is it the reason I can't connect?
Will I ever feel normal? Is being an anomaly simply encoded into my essence?
Needless to say, I was beyond exhausted this morning. I woke up and attempted to make myself a nutritious breakfast and failed. I got Starbucks on the way to work. It was freezing and quite gloomy today, I still went for a walk and thought a lot about work and what I intend to do next. I keep wanting to trust myself and the path sprawling out ahead, but I can't help myself sometimes. I'm struggling to fit in somewhere again. I am gaining a skill, but I'm not sure where to use it or what it'll mean for me moving forward.
I am going to sleep off this bad juju (my Luteal phase) and see if that makes a difference. It is only Tuesday and I am exhausted.
Comments
Post a Comment