A WREATH ON YOUR TABLE:
June 6th, 2025
The first time I ever saw my father as a boy I was twenty-two years old.
The beauty of life is in how subtle it all is. How we can trek between realms without ever realizing it.
For the first time in nearly a century, the sun has risen and set without my grandpa - my darling grandpa. I began to understand the preciousness of death - not just life. I understood that a husband, a friend, a father, a grandfather, a person had passed on.
The grief I experienced came from a place of understanding the weight of a life.
Today, I am honoring you among the ancestors.
On this table, I lay a wreath in your honor.
“Consider this – nothing is permanent. Someday, the place we call home will be emptied from the inside out...” - Noashin Ghanbari, Transient
- vetiveroil
Comments
Post a Comment