HEDONIC ADAPTATION
September 12th, 2026
Today I underslept, overate, and overspent.Classic Taurus Moon shit.
I woke up early for a virtual training session, which I found to be boring and a little long. Thing is that I woke up too late for it, and didn't have any time to eat prior, so I was totally bored and disengaged throughout. The principle of her teaching, though, was quite useful: cultivating a relationship with one's own body. I think my approach to exercise has come from a place of ritual, self-numbing - not really engagement.
Afterwards, I drove to Trader Joe's for some seasonal items, most of which I did not find, but then I took myself to get a piercing afterwards, and nearly $200 later, I had two: a conch and a helix piercing.
I quite like them, I think. It's round two of trying to heal a helix piercing, hopefully it sticks. The owner of the piercing shop I went to and I had a nice chat, she was very sweet. She and I spoke extensively about my Accutane treatment, and she complimented me, saying I was the best looking Accutane patient she'd ever seen (in terms of health) - and I laughed. I ended up leaving and feeling quite good about myself.
Venus transiting my 2H still isn't a joke, I had to pay back $1K from my credit bill before the closing date, which hurt a bit, but it's the price I have to pay for my spree last week.
I'm throughly enjoying September. It is indeed my favorite month, and evidently for good reason. I feel grateful for everything, and at the same time, coming to terms with the fact that I don't do enough to honor the present. So much is going right, so much that I take for granted, when years ago it would've seemed like absolute paradise to have such problems. Things such as:
A healthy body that is no longer categorically morbidly obese
A good job, with a positive environment
A social circle that extends beyond one single person who was mostly neglectful
Enough money to have a surplus upon getting paid
Skin that doesn't congest and break out every few weeks
Space for myself
And so on...
I should make more of an effort to honor certain things, because the only constant in life is change. These conditions will soon change, for better or for worse - maybe a bit of both.
- vetiveroil
Comments
Post a Comment