BY THE WATER IN AMSTERDAM

​July 18th, 2026



Last night, as the cough medicine started kicking in, and my eyelids started getting heavy; I started drifting into a fantasy. 

It was evening time, we were together in Amsterdam.

 I had my back against the railing. Behind me, the water was sparkling from the moonlight above. You leaned in and wrapped your arm around my waist. 

I leaned in, and kissed you. It was just us two for a moment, on this planet. 

Our planet. 

I ran my hand up and down your chest, and your shoulders, and took in the fabric of your shirt. The smell of your skin. I ran my fingers through your hair. You held me close, and I felt myself melting in your embrace. 

Cheek against cheek, I just took it in. You and I, entwined by the water. I wish we could stay that way forever

A lovely evening in Amsterdam, indeed. 

Comments