BACK TO BASICS
March 21st, 2026
When it comes to my health, I’m transitioning back to basics, once again.My sugar cravings are out of control, and I keep trying to scratch that itch. I’m on the cusp of a new cycle, I’m feeling the aches and tenderness associated with it, and in a weird way it’s reminding me to simplify it all.
In addition to the poor eating, I haven’t been sleeping the best (it’s catching up to me now, so I have to course correct) and I’ve been slacking on my workouts.
Clearly, I need to get myself back in order. I have a goal I want to reach, and right now my habits aren’t put well together enough to bring it to fruition.
I made some sorrel, now I’m eating dinner (first time I’ve cooked in about a month) and figuring out how I’ll wean myself off of the sugar, caffeine, and processed food. I’ve now got another 18 lbs to drop before I’m at my target weight. The composition nothing is another issue. I’m wondering if it makes sense to introduce the peptide, or simply go at it alone. I no longer struggle to maintain my weight, I did for a god awful long time, but I haven’t in recent times.
The composition thing, I have to work at, admittedly it’s not my forte, but I think I can bring myself there. I just really need to ground myself again. So I’m grounding myself in what I know, which is quite simple: movement, whole foods, sleep.
It’s formulaic, and getting back to it might help me put myself back together again. Because I haven’t been myself in some time.
This is one sector of my life that could benefit form a bit of courage, but I’m wondering if that courage means introducing a substance that I’m not 100% certain I won’t be dependent on. Perhaps a bit of courage, for the time being could simply be returning to my good habits until this sugar stint atrophies. Maybe going back to being ruthless (boring).
I brought myself a wooden bowl, it’s so pretty and it’s motivating me to eat at home. I gotta tighten up with the routines, I’m positive it’ll make me feel better in the long run.
This week, I'm doing some maintenance work on my foundation. It's still sturdy, I don't think I'll topple over, but everything needs some routine maintenance every now and then.
- vetiveroil
Comments
Post a Comment