PREREQUISITES
February 24th, 2026
Today was a good day.
I’m still in great spirits.
I’m reflecting a lot.
I’m thinking about all of the pre-requisites littered in my path currently. All of the cool and wonderful dreams I have for myself, as I’m wondering what’s required and actionable to bring them to fruition.
For instance, my impending work pivot. My initial plan was to secure a few certifications, refine my resume, and pivot into the niche I’m interested in next. All of last year that was my plan come January.
Unfortunately, following a run-in with the flu last December, my body started rebelling against me. It was impossible to beat myself into obedience. Not with punishment not with a treat, not with visions of grandiosity, not with the promise of a "better tomorrow" or any of the other tactics I've used in the past. The plans for the certification have been stalled ever since. I’m thinking of impulsively scheduling my test and figuring it the fuck out between now and then. That’s ballsy. That’s the energy I may need to step into moving forward.
Next area would be expanding my social life/network. I’ve been saying for some time that I am in need of a better network/more expansive world (generally). They say you should never carry all of your eggs in one basket, so I’m distributing my eggs into as many containers as it's possible to carry. I’ve been meeting some really nice and sensible guys a dating app I impulsively joined to shed my attachment to that man I've recently caught feelings for. The app that I’ve had for a wapping four weeks. There’s a few that I’m planning to connect with in person to see if they’re worth staying in touch with. That feels promising, but it's still too early to tell.
Funny, I can’t even say right now that I’m looking for a boyfriend, just curious to see how it feels to connect. I’m still using my head more than my body to connect, given how tender I am about everything these days, that’s a lot safer, I feel. I am leaving room for intuition to guide the connection. I’m keeping in mind that my body is intelligent and sophisticated in its own right. And honoring that sacred intelligence.
I think eventually down the line, I would really like to connect exclusively with one man long-term, so maybe this exploration is step one in that process of establishing what it will take to commit to one person.
Lastly, money is on my mind. I suppose it’s somewhat connected to the first point, my DM tells me that invisibility (my default setting even now) is killing my streak. My money line is rife with social arcanas, and the Virgo in me hates bad strategy. My goal is to do what I enjoy, which I suppose is something everyone says. But I want to live by my principles and actually do that. Seems as though my dreams are on the other side of everything that I fear.
I’m expanding my capacity for a lot of stuff. Capacity for intimacy and devotion, capacity for more responsibility which ultimately translates to capacity for bigger paychecks, capacity for a fuller and more well-rounded life! Which is essentially all that I want.
Despite my being stuck the past few weeks - I feel that I am finally coming out on the other end of this. That I am finally back in motion.
That feels great.
- vetiveroil
Comments
Post a Comment